This website holds the content of the pamphlet The Changing Face of University of Victoria Campus Lands (ISBN 1-55058-204-6), edited by Jane Turner and Don Lovell, published by the University of Victoria Archives, Copyright © 1999.
The website is coded by Emrys Damon Miller in 2002, to W3C specifications for HTML 4.01 and CSS, adhering to WAI accessibility guidelines. It is based on the pamphlet design by Patrice Snopkowski, at UVic Graphic Services. Because the content is comprised of detailed photos, this website was designed for computer monitors with a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels or greater.
This publication derives in part from a portion of the exhibit produced by Claire Heffernan in 1993 during a contract with the University of Victoria Archives. We gratefully acknowledge her work. The exhibit, "A History of the Gordon Head Campus Land from 11,000 B.C. to 1970," consists of 12 double sided panels (32 in. x 5 ft.) that provides a chronological study of the various occupants and uses of the land before it became a modern university campus. The display is available free of charge to any group that can provide transportation and a secure exhibit space.
Aerial photograph A4517-57 (page 1) 8 September 1932, Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, reproduced from the collection of the National Air Photo Library is used with permission of Natural Resources Canada. The following BC Government air photographs are used with permission of Geographic Data BC, Ministry of Environment, Lands and Parks: BC2144-76 (page 8), BC5091-267 (page 9), BC7760-267 (page 10), BC 80005-237 (page 11), and BC 92139-207 (page 12).
For more information about the University of Victoria Archives, please visit their website at http://library.uvic. ca/archives . For more information about this website, the pamphlet, or the exhibit, please contact Lara Wilson at the University of Victoria Archives, firstname.lastname@example.org.